The garage door is manufactured with various small to big components which operate the entire door. The components include the distinct springs and cables which allow your door to open and close moving smoothly. The garage door cable takes the responsibility to catch the door if the spring breaks down. This is why you have to monitor the garage door cables. There are three types of garage door cables. These are:
- Torsion Springs: These spring type cable is a lock at one end and stops another end while it is secured by the cable.
- Extension Springs: Due to long size, the extension springs need extended spring cables., because, it runs on both sides of the door.
- Safety Cables: Safety cables are installed around the springs to prevent the damage or injury.
How The Garage Door Cables Works
In an unfortunate condition, when your spring breaks, it will put excessive energy on the door and due to an increased amount of force, the door will come down. This forceful action can become a serious problem. Thus, the safety cables work as a backup for broken extension springs and the risk of damage can be lessened.
Signs Of Damaged Cable Door
- If your garage door is sticking when you open and close, surely it has problem.
- If your garage door closes too fast, the cable has lost the control and it will break down.
Garage Door Cable Repair
The garage door is a complex mechanism which can open easily, but can’t close perfectly with little knowledge of mechanism. This is why homeowners are suggested immediately concern with the garage door specialist to repair it.
Value Garage Doors offers repair of residential and commercial garage door in Mississauga. Additionally, you can hire our experts for the installation, replacement and maintenance of garage door.